Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 151: Twitter Is About...

Daily Blog Challenge Day 151/365

Twitter is just like life, it is all about relationships.  One of the things I like about Twitter is many of the judgments are gone.  In face to face communications, some tend not to listen to opinions from music/art/PE/library or other non classroom teachers.  One Twitter, we are all there to learn and I have found many of these judgments do not exist.

Another thing I like about Twitter is that I control what people know about me.  If I don't Tweet about a particular issue, no one will know.  I am not hiding any deep secrets, but this control of information also helps to determine what others focus on (another judgement that happens in face to face communication.)  I was recently told by a member of my PLN that I helped her through a difficult time.  To be honest, I did not fully realize the impact a few conversations were having, but this just shows the power of relationships.  I recently lost my grandmother and my PLN helped keep me positive and focused (even if they had no idea what was going on in my personal life.)

Life is about relationships and Twitter helps us create these relationships with people we do not see everyday (if every).  In someways, being "protected" by the internet helps the sharing of ideas.  I can state my opinion and even if someone disagrees if will often lead to more discussion.  In real life these situations tend to lead to judgement.

What are you going to do today to help strengthen relationships with those around you?  Whether on social media (read their blogs, comment on their work, tell them good morning) or in real life (a kind word, a listening ear.)

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment