Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 135: Winter Concert Music

Daily Blog Challenge Day 135/365

My Middle School performs once concert each quarter.  Our next concert is in March.  I have not passed these selections by my students yet, but I am hoping they enjoy the music.  Some of the songs have been on our "want to do list" for a while.

I admit, this concert is a little pop heavy.

Roar by Katy Perry (Girl's Song)
Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning by Andre Thomas
Africa by Toto
Hakunnah Matata (Boy's Song)

Our concerts are usually for grades 5th-8th.  This concert is only a 5/6 concert because our 7/8 have a District Music Concert.  Therefore, we can do 4 songs for this concert, while we have more time.

My boys complained that all of my songs are "girls" songs, so they got to pick a song for them to do.  There are only 7 boys in choir for second semester, but they have decided they want to sing all by themselves.  I applaud their courage.

What songs are you doing for your next concert?

Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

  1. grades 2-3 are doing Seussical the Music Jr. and 4th-5h are doing music from Frozen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do students in 2nd-3rd always do a musical in the Winter? I have heard great things about the music from Frozen. I will have to check it out. Thanks Eric!

      Delete