Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 123: Because Why?

Daily Blog Challenge Day 123

The longer I teach, the more I am starting to question why we do things the way we do. I often hear teachers and administration talking about doing what is best for kids, but are we really doing what is best?

I see many things that are "traditions" that seem to benefit the adults with very little thought on the possible impact for students.

1. Start times.
2. Length of breaks and summer vacation.
3. Class schedules.
4. Setup of schools.
5. School meals.

How can we ensure we are really doing what is best for our kids? Thank you for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite readings in college, speaking to these points!
    http://www10.homepage.villanova.edu/deborah.schussler/EDU_8679/Readings/Eisner%202008.pdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kevin! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my blog and to comment. I look forward to reading this article.

      Delete