Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 128: Project One Word (Material Monday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 128/365

Material Monday

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I have been thinking about ways to include "One Word" into my music class.  I decided I was going to have my 3rd and 4th graders choose their one word as it applies to their goals in music class (I think this might be easier to help them focus their energies in class.)

At the moment I have a chunk of empty wall behind my Orff instruments.  After brainstorming ideas with Shannon Clark (@shannonclark7), I decided I am going to make a giant One Word poster to hang on the wall.  I am going to cut "One Word" out of paper (the giant rolls found in every school in America).  During class I am going to have my students choose their "One Word" and write it on a post it note, which will be color coded for each class.  We will then stick their words on the poster.

My hope is by seeing them everyday, it will be a reminder of our new focus during music this semester.  I am also going to use Tagxedo to create a class word art that shows all of their words together.

I would love to hear how you are using "One Word" in your classroom.  Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Totally using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David! I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on the post. I look forward to hearing how this activity went in your class.

      Delete