Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 124: Blogging Homework

Daily Blog Challenge Day 124/365

During Christmas Break, two people assigned me the "Blogging Challenge" (Kevin Dengel-@kevindengel and Rebecca Tharp-@beckitharp).  Below you find my finished homework.


11 Random Facts

1.  I played college softball at Clarke College (now Clarke University) in Dubuque, Iowa.
2.  I taught for two years in Salcha, Alaska (45 minutes south of Fairbanks on the Richardson Highway.)
3.  In 6th grade I wrote in a paper that I would have to complete lost my mind in order for me to become a teacher.
4.  I am a self professed Book Worm.
5.  My main instrument is percussion.
6.  Living in Alaska cured my fear of flying (I cried on the plane during my first flight when I was a college freshman and we few to Arizona for Spring Training.)  Thank you Milk Run :)
7.  I have a two inch scar on my stomach from falling down a tree when I was in middle school.
8.  My nickname growing up was monkey (number 7 sums that up.)
9.  I weighed three pounds when I was born.
10.  I have had 7 sets of tubes put in my ears (birth-7th grade) and suffer minor hearing loss.
11.  I like to wear crazy socks.


My 11 Questions 

1. What (or who) made you decide to be an educator?  I had two fantastic band directors in high school and I hope I can have the positive impact on a few my students like they they did on me.
2. Who is the most intelligent person you know?  My husband.
3. Have you watched the entirety of the music video "What does the Fox Say?"  No
4. If you were a giant mega monster what city would you rampage?  Somewhere on the East Coast, just so I could visit.
5. What was your first mobile phone? Whatever the free phone from Altel was when I was a sophomore in college.

6. What potential talents do you think you might have if you worked at them? I could have been a better musician and athlete in college if I did not spread myself in as many different areas.
7. What do you consider is the most important appliance in a house? Coffee/Hot Water Maker
8. What song sums you up?  Still thinking...
9. Name your favorite Great Lake. Come on, everyone's got one... Lake Michigan
10. Are you a morning person? Yes, as long as I get to sleep by 9 pm the night before :)
11. What would you call your autobiography? Not Just a Music Teacher


My 11 Questions for You

1.  Which state or country do you most want to visit?
2.  What is your favorite educational book?
3.  What is your favorite book to read for fun?
4.  If you could do anything with your time what would it be?
5.  Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
6.  Who is your favorite musician?
7.  What one thing do you want to learn to do before you die?
8.  Which historical person would you most like to meet?
9.  If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
10.  What is your life motto?
11.  What sentence best sums up the influence you hope to have on your students?

Blogging Homework Rules

1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate and let the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
6. Post back here (in the comment section) with a link to your finished assignment.


11 Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment