Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 136: Padlet (Technology Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 136/365

Technology Tuesday

Towards the end of last year I discovered Padlet and started using it to create monthly newsletters for my Elementary Music Classes.  I have around 180 students on the elementary so I feel like sending home a lot of paper copies is a waste of paper.  I am still working on getting my community accustomed to electronic resources for sharing information.

Padlet is similar to a virtual bulletin board.  You can include videos, pictures, audio and writing.  It is very simple to use and the results are great looking boards.  Everything is click and drag so it is easy to add media and writing.

I include highlights from the previous month, main focus for each grade, our Song of the Month, our Composer of the Month and media from in class activities or performances.  Here is my newsletter from November of this year.  On the original newsletter, I included pictures from our Veteran's Day Assembly.  I have taken these pictures off this example board to protect my students.  Here is my newsletter from September of this year.  Some months I used pictures and some months I have limited media files, so I use more writing.

What programs do you use for a newsletter?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment