Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 129: The Power of Connecting (Technology Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 129/365

Technology Tuesday

I took an unintentional hiatus from Twitter during second quarter.  For whatever reason, I lost my desire to spend time connecting and learning.  Finally during Christmas break, after committing the first week of break to my family, I finally had the desire to interact on Twitter and I was quickly reminded why it is such a powerful tool!

Within three days of being committed to connecting on Twitter again, my knowledge as a teacher and my resources for my students have been greatly expanded.

Through My Connections I Have...
1.  Learned ideas on how to implement One Word in my classroom.
2.  Learned how to improve gamification in my classroom.
3.  Connected with teachers and started planning Skype Performances.
4.  Learned about new web resources to expand my knowledge of teaching using the Orff method.
5.  Talked to two teachers about connecting our technology classes through a blog.

I strongly recommend all teachers get on Twitter and spend time connecting with other teachers (on social media and in person.)  I know we are all busy, but this time is a great investment.


No comments:

Post a Comment