Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 125: Pay It Forward

Daily Blog Challenge Day 125/365

This morning I received an e-mail alert saying that someone had commented on one of my blog posts.  I don't blog so others can read my work (although I love when people read and relate to what I have written.) I blog as a form of personal reflection.  Blogging helps me put my thoughts in a form that is acceptable in a public forum, which helps me sensor my feelings and beliefs.  That being said, knowing people have read my posts makes me feel good about what I have written.

I realized that I don't spend enough time reading blogs and I spend even less time commenting.  Sometimes its easy to feel like your ideas are not valued and worry about how others will perceive my ideas, but as educators we need to share and support one other.  One way I can do my part is by reading blogs by members of my PLN, sharing great posts and commenting on their work.

As we begin 2014, I am focused on treating others how I want to be treated (clique I know.)  I am challenging myself to read a minimum of 7 blog posts a week and to comment on three of them.  

What actions by others do you appreciate?  How can you pay it forward by performing these actions towards other people?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment