Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 140: They Remember...

Daily Blog Challenge Day 140/365

This past weekend during my drive to a basketball tournament, I listened to the Energy Minute Podcast by Jon Gordon (which I strongly recommend).

During one of the episodes, he mentioned research that proves that people remember very little of what they read or see, but they remember in detail how others made them feel during a specific situation.

How do your students feel in your class?  How do your teachers feel in your school? How do your families feel in your school?

These are difficult questions to answer, but I believe they help focus our actions and decisions.  We can tell our students/staff/families great things and have fantastic lessons, but if we do not show that we care about those around us and we do not help them feel positive, they will learn very little.  

I have experiences this research in my own schooling.  Teacher who had the greatest impact on me are the ones that showed they cared, believed in me, pushed me to do my best and helped me achieve success.

How do you ensure your students know that you care about them?


Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment