Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 138: My Passion Rediscovered

Daily Blog Challenge Day 138/365

Last Monday I decided on a whim to participate in the Music Teacher's Chat on Twitter (#musedchat).  Recently I have been lacking motivation to participate in chats.  I find my energy and motivation level to be lacking.

I am extremely glad that I decided to participate.  The discussion turned to using Skype in music and after an hour of talking with fellow teachers I had six teachers who agreed to setup Skype Performances with my classes.  Two of these are from Ireland, which I am pumped about.

Three of the sessions are going to be with band classes.  Each quarter we study a different section of the orchestra and these bands are going to give my students a live performance of different instruments.  Money for field trips is limited.  YouTube and Skype are great free ways to provide my students with performance opportunities.

This hour of conversation left me feeling motivated and excited to teach the next day.  Technology allows us access to a wealth of information and I love how easy it is to bring these resources to my students.  Teachers can now provide our students with great experiences without leaving our classrooms.

Have you ever experiences a Twitter Chat or PD session that left you feeling motivated and excited to teach?   What was it about and why did it motivate you?

Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. That is why I joined twitter... it is so nice to connect with others :)

    ReplyDelete