Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 127: One Word

Daily Blog Challenge Day 127/365

There have been a ton of tweets lately about people choosing their "One Word" for 2014.  I think I picked a word last year, but clearly it was not a long term focus.  I like the idea of choosing a word to be my focus for this year.  I have so many goals and things I want to accomplish, so it is nice to have a singular focus.

The more I talked to my PLN and exchange ideas, I decided to pick my own word for the year and to have my 3rd & 4th graders choose their word that focuses their energies during the second semester. 

After a few days of reflecting I came up with a list of possible words:  connections, focus, communication, dedication and growth.

2014 is going to be filled with new and exciting challenges, some I know and some I have yet to discover.  I was recently named the Head Softball Coach of the High School in my District and there are personal changes coming as well (positive ones).  I often feel like I am going in a thousand directions and it is sometimes hard to keep all aspects of my life in a balance that is acceptable to me.

After considering all of these variables I decided to go with Focus as my word for 2014.  I want to strive to focus on what I am doing in the moment.  I wear many hats during the course of a day: husband, friend, daughter, coach and teacher.  All of these jobs are important and I need to focus on the job I am doing in the moment.  

Here is to a year of FOCUS.

What is your word for 2014?  Thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment