Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 115: The Truth About Numbers (Technology Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 115/365

Technology Tuesday 

I am routinely amazed by some of the people or groups that "follow" me on Twitter. It's funny to me how I can become associated with groups and yet be unsure how we fit together.

When I was new to Twitter I was concerned about how many followers I had. I think it is a common issue. It's easier to feel like the cool/popular kid when I have a ton of Twitter followers.

As more "random" people who seem to have little in common with me began to follow me, I realized that the number of followers is not important. The number that is important is the amount of connections and interactions I am having. The number of relationships built is what matters.

My advice to newbies to Twitter and the veterans is to focus on relationships, not the number of people who follow you.  What is your number one piece of Twitter advice?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment