Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 101: Student Recordings (Technology Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 101/365

Technology Tuesday

This year I purchased a Blue Snowball Microphone for Skype Performances.  I realized right before our Fall Concert that this microphone also gave me a great tool to record my students during concerts.  So armed with a microphone, a mac laptop and audacity, I set out to record our Middle School Concerts.  In all honesty.  I don't know how many of my students listen to the clips that I add to our website, but even if one does, it is worth the energy.

I record more often during my elementary classes and my students LOVE to hear their class perform.  It is a great opportunity for them to share their music with their families while also critiquing and  learning from their mistakes.

How do you use students recordings in your classroom?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment