Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 95: What Makes a Good Concert?

Daily Blog Challenge Day 95/365

I struggle with keeping my students engaged while also being realistic with what we can accomplish without spending all of our time on preparing for a concert.

Large parts of our audience is not musically educated, so will they even notice some of the "hard" things we do?  I am trying something new this year with my elementary program by just doing a concert instead of a program with speaking roles. I am nervous about how everyone will react. At the end of the day, it is impossible to please everyone. At the same time, these concerts are a visual test of how well I am doing my job and bad reception makes it easier for the community to cut the arts. 

My goal for concerts is for my students to learn thru preparing and to enjoy singing for their family. Time constraints limit some of what we are able to do. 

How do you judge if a concert went well? Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment