Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 97: No More Goals

Daily Blog Challenge Day 97/365

I have always been a believer in setting goals.  As I reflect on first semester as a coach/teacher and absorb more of the information I have been reading/listening to lately; I am realizing that setting goals is not the best practice.

I often ask my players what their goals are for the season.  This year I am taking it a step farther with my softball girls.  Along with their goals, I want them to list what they need to do to achieve them.  This focus on the process is vital!

If my goal is to be a great teacher that is great, but the more important step is what do I need to do to get there?  Along with goal setting, we need to teach our students and ourselves to focus on the process.  It is easy to forget about all the hard work and effort that goes into achieving goals.

As we approach the start of 2014 and many sit down to write resolutions of goals for next year, I am (and I urge you to too) going to focus on what I need to do in order to achieve the goals I have set.

I would love to hear how you set goals in your own life and with your students/players.  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment