Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 98: Life As A Coach

Daily Blog Challenge Day 98/365

Today we had a basketball tournament. We won our first game and we lost our second game by one.  It was a tough loss and there were extra circumstances that made the game more frustrating.  I was frustrated and my players were frustrated.

As a coach, I think my frustration can come across as anger. I am not upset with my players for loosing the game. I become upset when effort and attitude are not what they should be.  I am a firm believer that the game of basketball (any sport for that matter) is pointless.  The point in playing these games is to learn life lessons.

In life, loosing is not an option. Winning a job interview enables me to keep a roof over my head and food on my table. Following rules and expectations allows me to not get in trouble with the law. 

How do you teach life lessons in your class?  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment