Friday, December 27, 2013

Day 118: Teacher Did You Know..

Daily Blog Challenge Day 118/365

One of my favorite Christmas songs is "Mary Did You Know". After singing it for Praise Band this weekend, I was reminded that often we do not know how our actions or words impact others.

Teacher Did You Know...
1.  Your words have the power to lift me up or tear me down.
2.  The structure in your classroom can help me love learning or lead me to hate it.
3.  Sometimes I need you to show confidence in me, because I don't always have confidence in myself.
4.  I won't remember you for what I learned, but how you interacted with me.
5.  I notice if you play favorites.
6.  Some days I think you don't like me and I wonder why.
7.  I may not remember the lesson, but I will remember if you showed that you cared about me.
8.  I remember the goofy jokes from class years after I have left your room.
9.  I remember when you came to my game, concert or played a game with us at recess.
10.  I may think you are mean while I am in your room, but if you were a great teacher I will eventually realize you were doing what was best for me.
11.  All I want is someone to show that they care about me for being me.
12.  I may never tell you thank you, but know that you have had an impact on me (you decide if it is positive or negative.)

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment