Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 119: NetGalley

Daily Blog Challenge Day 119/365

During a recent conversation with a member of my Twitter PLN (Shannon Clark-@shannonclark7), I was introduced to the website NetGalley (Thanks Shannon!)  Shannon and I were discussing books that we wanted to read during winter break.  NetGalley is a free membership that allows access to new or soon to be released books.  Some books are pre-approved so you don't have to wait until you are able to download the book and some you have to ask the publisher for approval.  They have books on every genre and you can browse by author, publisher or genre.

In return for access to these books, the subscriber is expected (required) to write a review about the books they read.  This seems like a fair trade to me and it will help me have topics to write about during the course of my Daily Blog Challenge.  The best part is I now have free access to thousands of books from the comfort of my own home.  I added NetGalley to the approved sending list on my Kindle App (NetGalley provides directions on how to do this) and now the books I select from NetGalley are automatically added to my Kindle bookshelf (once they are approved by the publisher.)

I have been approved for six books so far and I have finished one.  I strongly recommend this site to all teachers, coaches and book worms.  You can't beat free!

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment