Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 99: Jump In

Daily Blog Challenge Day 99/365

I was recently offered a varsity coaching position in the district I am working in and I was caught by surprise by some of the emotions I was feeling. Being a head coach has always been a goal of mine and I am very excited about the opportunity, but also find myself a scared. Being in charge of 25 girls is a big responsibility and I want to make sure they have the best softball experience possible.

I made a decision a few years ago that I was not going to let fear control me, so I am trying hard to stick to that. This is a vital lesson for our children. We as teachers need to help our students overcome their fears. One way we can do this is to model it.

What other activities do you use in your classroom to help your students overcome their fears? Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment