Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 109: Christmas Break

Daily Blog Challenge Day 109/365

As a teacher, I find myself looking forward to breaks. It is time for me to spend time on things that often get overlooked during many weeks of the school year. It is time for reading, a few naps and time with my family and friends.

I see breaks as a positive time, but many of my students do not have positive views on breaks. Most of my students are excited for Christmas, but a few have told me that they will miss school. I know many people have written about how students react to breaks. It is important to remember that it is not all fun and games for some of our students. School provides a safe structure that many students lack otherwise.

How can we help our students stay calm about breaks and help ease some of the struggle?
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment