Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 94: Google Drive (Technology Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 94/365

Technology Tuesday

I am a big fan of Google Apps. My first laptop had a small hard drive, so I relied on Google drive for writing papers and storing material.  I now work in a Google District (although I have been using Google Apps for years) and I continue to see the greatness of this product. 

The best part for schools is that it is free.  There are so many possibilities and opportunities that make completing projects easier.  I am teaching a media class this year and Google Apps has made projects and assessments much easier.  Students in our district 5-12 have individual e-mail addresses through Google.

Great Things About Google Apps
1.  Free.
2.  Plenty of storage room for e-mails.
3.  The ability to have multiple people work on the same project at the same time.
4.  Documents, power points, spreadsheets, forms, calendars and email. (These are the main ones that I use.)
5.  The ability to sync all of your files/apps together.
6.  The ability to share files with other people.
7.  The ability to share up to date files without resending.

I would love to hear how you use Google Drive in your classroom.  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment