Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 59 : AR in the Music Classroom (Tech Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge 59/365

Tech Tuesday

Last week I wrote about ideas I had brainstormed (stole from others) on how to use AR (Augmented Reality) in my classroom.  At first Aurasma and I were not getting along.  In order for an Aura to work (if you make it on the computer) you must have 1.) a trigger image, 2.) an overlay and 3.) you connect the two to create the Aura.  Someone I managed to miss a step, so my Auras never worked properly.  Eventually I figured it out and I now find creating Auras to be easy.

The first project I completed was to create trigger images that were connected to videos so parents can see what we are doing in class.  I hung the trigger images on the wall outside my classroom and I plan to update the videos throughout the year.  Not many parents come to visit the music room, but this was a great first project for me to figure out how the program works and I can show my students (the ones who have seen it so far were very pumped about it.)  I know I may not be using AR correctly and I know how I use this in my room will grow and change over time.



Do you use AR in your classroom?  I would love to hear how you use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment