Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 52 : The AR Train (Technology Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 52/365

Technology Tuesday 

The past few weeks I have been reading/hearing a lot about Augmented Reality (I strongly recommend the 2 Guys Podcasts). At first, it sounded like an interesting opportunity for my students, but I was not sure how to use it in a music setting. I downloaded Aurasma last week and have been playing around with it a little. I am still learning the concept of the app, but my understanding of how auras work is much stronger than it was a few weeks about. 

I have been brainstorming ways to use Aurasma in my classroom. I think it could be a great tool to help engage my students (plus it is just plain cool). 

Ideas
1. Create class trigger images that show a video of an activity we are doing in class (conferences are this week). 
2. Create a trigger image using our composer of the month. 
3. Create a trigger image using our song of the month (linked to a recording). 
4. Use color AR as the basis for a sound carpet or inspiration for composition projects. 
5. Create a trigger image for how to play recorder notes/examples so students can review independently.
6. Create a trigger image/video tutorial for beginner band students.
7. Create a trigger image/audio of choir repertoire.


Do you use Augmented Reality in your classroom? Would love to hear how you use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment