Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 32: Student Centered Classroom


Daily Blog Challenge: 32/365

I started the year pumped! My room was colorful and it looked great. After reading articles/posts and listening to a few podcasts, I have come to the conclusion that I messed up (big time). It is one of those moments when I wonder "why didn't I think about that?"  It's all so logical. 

I had a lot of helpful things posted, but most of it was four feet from the ceiling. I don't have a lot of low wall space in my room due to pianos, instruments and shelves. Friday I decided the insanity had lasted long enough and I am in the process of redoing my classroom (I will finish the process this morning before class.)  The goal is to put helpful information at student level and to tone down the room a bit. I will still have a few colorful things, but it will be much calmer.
















No comments:

Post a Comment