Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 340: Get Over It

Daily Blog Challenge Day 340/365

My daughter is only seven weeks old but she continues to teach me a lot. One skill I am trying very hard to master is the ability to "Get Over It."

My daughter only cries when she is hungry or has a stomach ache. Fixing the hungry cry is simple. She may be completely undone and upset, but the minute we feed her she is done crying and happy again.
What an amazing skill. One minute she is acting like her world is ending and the next she is perfectly content.  The problem has been fixed, so there is no longer a need to fuss about it.

How often do adults fuss over problems that have been fixed? I know I am not always good at doing this. I am going to try my best to take a page out of my daughter's play book and get over it.

How do you focus on the solutions instead of past problems? How do we teach our students and ourselves to forget about past issues and focus on the here and now?

Thank you for reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment