Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 334: Relationships

Daily Blog Challenge Day 334/365

I am still amazed by the power of Twitter. I have found that the online contact makes the relationships a little easier. I consider myself to be a shy person when I am in new situations or surrounded by people I do not know.  People go to Twitter to connect, so they are putting aside time to interact. So often in face to face interactions, we get distracted by the challenges of the day and although we are surrounded by other people, we don't spend much of this time truly interacting.  Sadly, I have found I often know more about those I follow on Twitter than I do about those I see everyday.

When I think about activities I enjoy, classes I liked in school or my favorite teachers/coaches they almost all boil down to one thing.  They all included times where I felt connected to the people around me and had positive relationships.  Relationships are often overlooked, but I believe they are most important.

Relationships make life enjoyable (yes, at times they add stress), but they also add purpose.

How do you build positive relationships with your students?  How do you build positive relationships with your coworkers?  How do you build positive relationships with your friends and family?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment