Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 180: Out of My League

Daily Blog Challenge Day 180/365

This school year has been a whirlwind adventure full of new things.  I started teaching a new class, I became a varsity head coach and my husband I are preparing for our first child.  I feel blessed and excited by all of these changes, but I often feel that I am out of my league.  Have you ever experienced this feeling?

I have looked forward to many of these new challenges for years, but yet I find myself unsure now that the moment of opportunity is upon me.  When I was in college one of the seniors on my softball team would always say "fake it till you make it."  Seems like a pretty simple motto, but it is one I have used often since my time in college.

I think most humans are filled with some amount of hesitancy and it is normal to doubt our individual abilities. Feeling like I am out of my league is fine in my opinion as long as I do not let it prevent me from accepting new challenges.  Feeling out of my league also helps push me to learn new things and to strengthen my skills/abilities so that I can find success tackling the new obstacles.

How do you hand the feeling that you are approaching a challenge that is "out of your league"?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment