Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 174: Coaching Philosophy

Daily Blog Challenge Day 174/365

Softball start March 3rd and I am eager to begin my new position as head softball coach.  I am both nervous and excited.  There are so many things I want to do and I am worried about messing up.  I realize I will not be perfect, but I want my players to enjoy softball and there are many things I want to teach them.  I have created this philosophy as a way of focusing my behavior and decisions and making sure they are aligned with my ultimate goals as a coach.

Coaching Philosophy
  1. Primary focus on our softball program is to use the game of softball to develop its players into well-rounded young ladies.
  2. We will focus on the details.
  3. We will be respectful and play with exceptional sportsmanship.
  4. We will focus on relationships and building each other up.
  5. We will focus on the process of success.
I strongly believe that if we focus on the details and fundamentals; wins and success will come our way. 

What is your philosophy as a teacher or coach?  How do you setup parameters to make sure your actions and decisions are aligned with your goals?  Thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment