Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 166: Valentine's Day 2014

Daily Blog Challenge Day 166/365

We have a Teach Institute Day tomorrow, so we had our Valentine's Day Party today.  My school does whole school parties a few times a year (Christmas, Halloween and Valentine's Day.)  To be honest, I was dreading today.  Roughly 200 kids doing different activities while hyped up on sugar is not exactly my idea of a good time, but it turned out to be a great day.

The thing I really liked about this party was that it allowed me a chance to talk to my students in a different setting than normal.  I was in the cafeteria where the students had a snack and were able to complete a color sheet or word search.  It was fun to be able to color with my students and see them in a non classroom setting.

What non-classroom experiences with your students do you remember and treasure?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment