Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 162: Be the Change

Daily Blog Challenge Day 162/365

I was recently having a conversation with a few of my coworkers about some of my frustrations this year and how I believe there are simple things we as a staff could be doing that would help us all be better teachers.  It finally hit me, why don't I do some of the things by myself (at least the ones that I can)?  Why do I believe I need to wait until the whole staff or our administration makes changes?  During our work time (in-service) today, I made a list of all the changes that I would like to see in my building that I believe I can do now without other teachers/administration.

The work may seem up hill, but instead of complaining I want to try to do something about it.

Changes I Can Make...
  1. Students walking quietly in a straight line in the hallway.
  2. Not yelling or talking over students.
  3. Observing other teachers and learning from them.
  4. Thanking other teachers for their help and encouragement.
  5. Using more technology in my classroom.

What changes would you like to see in your building?  Are you able to do any of them by yourself?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment