Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 165: Comfort Zone

Daily Blog Challenge Day 165/365

I know we all understand that growth happens when we are outside of our comfort zone.  I know this, yet I find it very hard to push myself out of my comfort zone.  Twitter helps me in many ways because it allows me to have conversations with many people and to learn, but it does not make me go meet new people (which is outside of my comfort zone.)  Being in a group of people I don't know is part of what holds me back from going to an EdCamp or other conferences for that matter.

I complain about being my own island, but in many ways I prefer it this way.  Staying in my room is sometimes easier than voicing an opinion and being "shot down" by people.  I think a fear of rejection is normal, but at times it is vital that we try to go against this fear.

How do you force yourself outside of your comfort zone?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment