Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 168: Is It That Bad?...

Daily Blog Challenge Day 168/365

I know after emotionally charged days it is easy to focus on the negatives and I realize that every job has positives and negatives.  This past week started off rough and it slowly got a little better towards the end of the week.  Regardless of how much I complain and whine; I LOVE my job and I truly believe I have the best job in the world.  I care about my students (as I believe the majority of teachers do) and I can't imagine a job where I did not get to see my students grow or get a ton of hugs each day (the joys of being an elementary teacher :)

In my opinion, the hardest reality as a teacher is that we create our own problems.  Maybe not individually, but teachers as a whole.  It is hard to look in the mirror and realize that my actions contribute to the behavior of my students.  At the same time, teachers can also create the solution.  In my case, I have the power to help students love or hate music.  It can be a daunting task with challenges that many outside of music fail to understand, but it is a worthy challenge and one I am need to undertake.

I need to do a better job of remembering that the good is not as good as it seems and the bad is not as bad as it seems.  It is easy to get caught up in the ups and downs of life.

How do you keep a level of clarity in your life and focus on the right things?  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment