Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 178: Media Class: Blog Project #1 (Technology)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 178/365

Technology Tuesday

I have been having students in my 5th grade Media Class use the blogging platform KidBlog.  I find this platform very user friendly and easy to use.  It is also safe and I can limit who sees the posts.  After a few months of KidBlog, I decided to try Blogger.  My district is a Google Apps District, so it was very easy to use this platform.  Part of my motivation to use Blogger was to give my students a platform to blog in a public space.  My hopes were that the public forum would help motivate my students to proof their work better and to increase their level of writing.  We connected with a class in Wisconsin and commented on each others posts.

I would like to do this again next year.  Writing posts and commenting took more time than I was expecting, so it was a little sporadic.  Next year I would like our comments and writing to be more frequent.

Blogger Permission Slip

How do you include blogging in your classroom?  Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment