Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 160: Great Teachers Are...

Daily Blog Challenge Day 160/365

I have my second observation coming up soon and as I was planning for it I started wondering what my administrator is looking for.  What do they consider to be signs of a great teacher?  This reflection followed a conversation I had with a coworker about the traits of a great teacher.  I am curious to know what other teachers and administrators think and I wonder how close teachers/administrators in my district are in our thoughts of what makes a teacher great.

Great Teachers...
1.  Know their students, know their interests and communicate with them as people.  Bottom line, I have never heard or seen of a great teacher who did not have positive relationship/connection with their students.
2.  Are always willing to help their students.
3.  Listen to their students and demonstrate positive relationship skills.
4.  Show that they care about their students.
5.  Are always trying to get better.

What would be on your list?  I would love to hear your thoughts on what makes a teacher great.  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment