Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 164: Aurasma Project #1 in Music (Technology Tuesday)

Daily Blog Challenge Day 164/365

Technology Tuesday

This year I decided to incorporate the Olympics into our classroom.  We are in the middle of our Dance Unit and I found Folk Dances that come from countries that are competing in the Olympics.  In 3rd and 4th grades, they are learning the Olympic Theme.  Third Grade on Orff Instruments and Fourth Grade on Recorder.

I also had my third and fourth graders create a flag for their country.  Next week they are going to start composing (Third Grade on Orff Instruments and Fourth Grade on Recorder) their own Anthem.  This will be a great opportunity to discuss and practice many composition ideas:  theme, variation, form and style.

Once both of these projects are done, I am going to have my students create a video of them playing their Anthem.  I am going to use their flag as a trigger image for their Anthem using Aurasma.  We have Grandparent's Day and family night coming up, so this will be a great opportunity for my students to show their work.

I love the abilities of Aurasma and I am trying to find more ways to use it in my classroom.  I would love to hear how you use it in your room.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment