Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 176: Favorite Quotes

Daily Blog Challenge 176/365

I find inspiration and motivation in quotes.  As I prepare for this softball season, I am keeping track of sayings and quotes to help motivate myself and my team.  Here is a list of my favorites, both new and old.

"As if it does not matter how a man falls, when the fall is all that is left it matters very much"

"Prepare. Love. Honor the Game" - Sue Enquist


"A goal without a plan is only a dream" -Terri Mitchell (Marquette Women's Basketball Coach)


"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools." - Runner's World Website


"Dreams do come true and when you believe in yourself, anything is possible." -Jennifer Capriatti


"The world will tell you who you are, until you tell the world." -Freedom Writters
"You can work as hard as you can on your own dreams, or twice as hard on someone else's" Synergy Brass Quintet


"I hope I never know so much that I'm completely grown up. Not only is it less fun there, I

 think it's also harder than it has to be. Life seems to always be tough enough without our
 adding cynicism to the equation. My daughter vehemently endorses Santa; she says he's 
real if you believe him to be. And I am so with her. I like fairy dust. I like the inside jokes and practical jokes and uncontrolled laughter even when it's not entirely appropriate. And I love the possibilities that lie in a place like that."-Sherri Coale (University of Oklahoma Women's Basketball Coach.)

"You can't control what happends to you, but you can control how you respond." -Kay Yow (NC State Women's Basketball Coach)


"Escape tones are like stalkers, they creep before they leap."


"You can control two things in life: your attitude and your effort." -Coach Clark


"Come to the edge," He said. They said, "We are afraid." "Come to the edge," He said. They came. He pushed them . and they flew." ~ Guillaume Apollinaire


"Its ok to be afraid, but don't let fear stop you from doing what you want to."


"You don't need to apologize for the gifts you've been given," she says. "Only apologize for 

not using them."


Win the Day (Chip Kelly)



What are your favorite quotes?  Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. "If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing." - J.M. Barrie

    ReplyDelete