Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 161: Does It Matter?

Daily Blog Challenge Day 161/365

I have been in a funk lately and sadly I find myself in a similar mood a few times a year.  I try to do many creative, new and engaging things in my classroom and some days I wonder why I try at all.  Does it really matter?  Does anyone even notice or care?  It is easy to feed into the cycle of negativity and to completely forget about any positives that I may experience on a daily basis.

Tonight as my husband and I waited for our waitress, I quickly checked my e-mail.  I am glad that I did.  One of my 5th graders who I have for Media Class e-mailed me.


Hi Mrs.Wren
 I have not emailed you for a long time. I was just wondering how you are doing far this year. 
I think that the things we have done so far this year are fun like kid blog that is fun too. 


Even though I was cranky, I could not help but smile.  The work I put into gamifying my media class is having an impact (even if it is just on one student.)  We as teachers matter, even when it feels like no one cares about what we do.  Thank you EB for reminding me of this important lesson.  You may never realize, but this simple e-mail made my day.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment