Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 172: Finding Your Dream

Daily Blog Challenge Day 172/365

This year has had it's share of struggles and challenges, but at the end of the day I am unable to think of any other profession that would give me as much joy as teaching.  I may become frustrated with the politics and the extra parts of teacher, but I love my students and I enjoy watching them grow.  I was blessed to have many great teachers throughout my educational career and I credit this to my desire to be a teacher.  My dream is to hope I can positively impact some of my students like many of my teachers did for me.  It is exciting and powerful to feel like I am living my dream (regardless of how much I may complain some days.)

Are we helping our students realize their dreams?  Do our students think about their dreams?  Learning to dream and the willingness to work towards those dreams is an important life skill.  Many kids want to be professional athletes or movie stars and these are great dreams for young children to have even if they may not be very realistic, but having a dream and sitting around is very different than having a dream and working towards it.  Schools teach our children many skills and I strong believe that one of these skills is the ability to dream and work towards those dreams.

What are your dreams?  What are you doing to achieve them?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment