Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day 175: Students Teaching Students

Daily Blog Challenge Day 175/365

This year I have tried to include more opportunities for my students to teach each other. I have seen many benefits to these activities: it helps students work at a pace that is best for them, it limits to opportunity to be bored and it helps students master content (there is no better test to see if you really understand something then by teaching someone else that concept or skill.

In music and media, I teach students who finish quickly how to start the next project and they help teach students who finish after them.  This helps keeping students focused and allows everyone to finish without being rushed.  I also try to "force" my students to ask at least 2 of their classmates for help before I help them.

How do you include students teaching students activities in youe classroom? Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment