Monday, September 19, 2016

Reflections While On Maternity Leave

I feel like my life is either busy or boring.  I am either running around trying to take care of many responsibilities or I am "relaxing."  I don't get a lot of time to relax and maternity leave is supposed to be time for me to relax, recover and adjust to a new baby.  Although it is nice to spend time catching up on TV shows and having time to work, I am finding the calm pace to be challenging at times.  Over the course of the past four weeks I have had time to reflect and think about teaching and life in general and I know I will learn even more in the next three week.  This is what I have learned/thought about so far...


  • I should enjoy each day and moment and not live for vacations, weekends or time off of work.
  • I need to learn to take care of myself during moments of calm and busyness. 
  • I need to find time for myself: learn something new and take care of my health.
  • I need to be intentional about the time I have with family.
  • It does not need to be fancy, but each day should include some family activity (a walk, the park...)
  • Each day needs to include reading and writing. 
  • Time spent doing Bible Study needs to be a cornerstone of each day.
  • I need to remember to focus on what is really important (that is not how many things are left on my To Do List.)
  • I need to remember to enjoy the little things ever when life is crazy.
  • I need to live life based on principles not feelings.
  • Life is constantly changing. 
  • Enjoy the Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment