Monday, September 19, 2016

Daily Journal

I have been keeping a journal off and on for over six years.  I started being more diligent when I lived in Alaska.  It was a way for me to reflect on everything was going and for me to work through challenges.  After two years in Alaska it became part of my daily routine and I would either write in the morning or before bed.  At times I would type my thoughts in a Google Document and others I would use a basic notebook.  


This past Christmas a good friend of mine gave me a Journal with Daily Prompts.  I have never used a journal like this before but I really enjoy being given a topic to write about.  This forces me to think and write about different topics each day and does not allow me to dwell on one challenge. The space to write is only one page which I find helps keep me motivated to keep my routine.  I know that it will only take a few minutes, so even on busy days it is something I can make time to complete.


Do you journal?  How do you keep track of your thoughts and reflections?

No comments:

Post a Comment