Monday, September 19, 2016

What is the Goal

In education it seems we are always looking for the best curriculum, technology or teaching strategies to use in our classrooms and schools.  There are many different options and each of them comes with their own set of success stories.  The same is true for other areas of my life.  I am excited to work out again after many months off and I was creating my plan I realized that there are so many choices. 

How can I possibly know which is it the best?  This reflection reminded me of all the technology tools that are available.  There are so many choices and the most important thing is that the technology we use aligns with our goals and what we want to accomplish in our classrooms.

There is no one correct answer. There is no magic tool that will fix all of my problems.  The main question should be, what do I want to accomplish?

Fitness encompasses many aspects. When thinking about a fitness plan it is vital to think about what you want to accomplish. This was an "ah ha" moment for me recently. As an athlete, it was always simple. I wanted my workouts to make me better for my sport. Now as an adult, things are a bit more complicated. I don't have a sport dictating what I need to do.

My fitness goals include increasing my flexibility and becoming stronger.  I enjoy running so that will also be  a main part of workouts.  My main goal is to be in shape so I can play with my kids.

Fitness Goals
Overall Strength
Flexibility

Chosen Activities
Body Weight Exercises (ex. XBOX workouts)
Yoga
Running

What are your goals?  What tools are available to help you reach your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment