Wednesday, March 13, 2013

To Be A Successful Person...

These are skills I believe our children NEED to be taught in order to be successful members of society. I did not place these in order of importance, but rather the order I thought of them. In my opinion, manners, the ability to focus on details and a strong work ethic are the most important traits to have.

One of my goals for this year as a teacher is to focus on really teaching these skills instead of getting frustrated when my students struggle with them.

1. Perseverance.
2. The ability to determine when to ask a question and when they need to figure it out on their own.
3. The ability to relate one situation to different situation.
4. The ability to truly listen.
5. The desire to learn.
6. The desire to make themselves better.
7. The ability to relate to other people.
8. The ability to respect those who you may not get along with.
9. Strong Work Ethic.
10. Manners.
11. The ability to focus on details.

No comments:

Post a Comment