Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Have Failed

As I walk up and down the hallways at my schools (I am split between an elementary and a middle school) I see a lot of tired teachers. We are one of those lucky districts whose spring break is the last week of March. Days like these, when I am tired and don't feel well, are when my pet peeves really start to bug me. It is also when I realize that I have not been a stickler about making sure my kids do certain things. In the end, it is easier to let them get by with "little" things, but days like this make me regret that decision.

I am refocusing my efforts to the "little" things in my classroom. I have a responsibility to my students and today has shown me that I have failed. As I have mentioned in another post, I believe that the ability to focus on details is one of the greatest tools we can teach our children.

These are the "little" things that I am focused on improving.
1. Walking in a straight line, hands at your side and being quiet.
2. Raising their hand before talking.
3. Students solving their own problems.
4. Students cleaning up materials.
5. Entering a classroom quietly.
6. Students making decisions based on their personality and needs.
7. Leaving a room better then how you entered it.
8. Responding to "Class, Class" correctly.


No comments:

Post a Comment