Friday, March 22, 2013

Share Day 2013

Share Day is one of my favorite days of the school year (it is a tie with Innovation Day). It was a tradition at the first school I worked at and I have added it at every other school that I have worked at. This year I decided to do it as part of our Music In Our Schools Month Celebrations. Students in grades two thru four participate in Share Day.

Students can perform a song or play an instrument for their classmates. I send home a form and they must have it filled out and signed by a parent in order to perform. We talk about characteristics of being a performer and a good audience member. I love seeing my student's musical talent and many share talents that I or the class were not away of. This year a second grader played violin, a second grader played drum set and many students showcased their wonderful voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment