Thursday, March 14, 2013

I am Building...

I am slowly building what I consider to be a great music program. I know it will be slow progress, but this is what I am working towards. Some of these ideas have already been implemented, but I hope to improve upon them and make them school traditions. I realize that everyone will have slightly different ideas. These are the components of my dream music program. I am focusing only on things that I can control (things that happen inside of my room).

1. Start a 3/4 Chorus
2. 5/6 Chorus-50% of each class involved.
3. Innovation Day-4th Graders get 2 days a semester to explore parts of music that interest them.
4. Share Day-2nd thru 4th grades have a day during March where they can share their musical talents with their classmates.
5. Christmas Program-Alternate between a program and a more traditional concert.

What aspects are included in your ideal music program?

No comments:

Post a Comment