Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 287: Are You Prepared?

Daily Blog Challenge Day 287/365

My husband and I are preparing (the best we can) to welcome our first child into the world.  Being on summer vacation has given me more time to reflect and ponder all the changes that are about to happen.  We feel truly blessed by the gift of a child, but I know that I am also feeling scared.  Being responsible for a child full time is a whole new ball game.  For five years I have been responsible for other people's children for 30-40 minutes a few times a week, but never on a scale like this.

People keep asking me if we are ready and the best answer my husband has come up with is we are prepared to the best of our knowledge.  I am sure we have forgotten somethings, but we believe we have taken care of the things people have told us we need to have lined up.  I have started wondering though, if we are ever truly prepared?  This goes for anything and everything in life.

Was I ready to be a teacher? Was I ready to be a wife? Was I ready to be a coach? Was I ready for that interview?  Was I ready for that game?  Was I ready for.....

I definitely think being prepared is important, but I question if it is possible to truly be prepared for all situations.  I think we can prepare ourselves with a strong foundation of skills and abilities and be open to always learning along with way.

Do you feel prepared for where you are at in your life?  Is it possible to feel prepared or is it a learning process?  How do you ensure that you are prepared?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment