Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 299: Water Your Garden

Daily Blog Challenge Day 299/365

 “The grass is not greener on the other side. It’s greener where you choose to water it.” (Found on Twitter).
There were times this past year when I felt my beat option would be to find a new position. There were times when the little things became too frustrating. One fact I always came back to is that there is no guarantee that another position would be better than the one I have.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I know this is a saying I have heard often throughout my life.  I found this new version of this quote (the added part about where you water) and I find it to be a great life lesson.

Our brain perceives what we focus on.  If we focus on all the negatives, our brain sees the bad things. At the same time, if we focus on the positives, our brain sees all the good things.  Our brain sees what we put our effort into seeing.

My main goal for this next school year is to douse my classroom in water. I want to put my energy into making my classroom better and making my student's musical experience better.

Where are you going to water this year?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment