Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 189: You Are In Control

Daily Blog Challenge Day 189/365

As a new mom I am often asked about my daughter's schedule and when people help feed her they always ask what is normal for her. When she was a newborn I would always respond by saying we followed her schedule. When she wanted to sleep, we let her sleep. When she cried because she was hungry, we fed her.
I realized after two months of this that my life had become pretty dependent on her. My schedule revolved around her schedule. At this point I don't see a lot wrong with that. She is still a baby and soon she will get into a more stable routine.

This experience made me realize how easy it is for others to control our schedules. Sometimes this can be a necessary thing but other times it is out of complacency. It is not a matter of which one is right but I think it is important to realize the situation.

Are you intentional with your schedule and your decisions or do you let others control?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment