Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 188: Intentional

Daily Blog Challenge Day 188/365

Choices become routines very quickly. If you have ever tried a new workout routine or eating habit, you know how difficult change can be. Once this change takes place it becomes a habit and soon it happens almost automatically.

Hours and become days and soon weeks and months have gone by. The challenges of life can quickly pile up and things we meant to put effort towards can get lost in the shuffle.

I was reminded tonight (thru a disagreement with my husband) that being intentional is vital. It is easy to say you want to do X, Y and Z but without a plan, many of these wants never become a reality.  If I want something, it is not enough to simply express this desire to someone. I need to be intentional in my words, actions and decisions so that my wants become reality. Wanting to spend time with people is not the same as actually spending time with them.

Be intentional. Give people the gift of your time and energy.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment